Monday, October 31, 2011

Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes

IMG_0008

Okay, one more Halloween dessert, I promise! I couldn't resist this one! And just because I made these Halloween-themed definitely does not mean you have to wait until next year to make them! These pumpkin spiced cupcakes would also be perfect for Thanksgiving as well!

IMG_0006

The cake is so moist and the spices compliment the pumpkin so incredibly well. I can't get enough of these! Good thing I made them for my mom to take to work so they weren't around the house for long. Lord knows I would have consumed way more than I should have then. I found the recipe from the fabulous Annie at Annie's Eats (my usual go-to for amazing recipes) and Annie made these with a cream cheese frosting. However, I was out of time and ingredients (no cream cheese, curses on me for forgetting to write down my grocery lists!) so I decided to make these with my usual vanilla buttercream instead. Still delicious but I can't wait to try these with the cream cheese frosting next time!

IMG_0597
And I just had to throw in a quick pic of the pumpkins my boyfriend and I carved this year. I did a breast cancer ribbon and he did the Joker. Hope everyone had a happy halloween!

Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes
Ingredients:
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. salt
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup canola or vegetable oil
4 large eggs

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend together the pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar and oil. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixture on low speed, add the flour mixture in two additions, mixing just until incorporated.

Fill the cupcake liners about three-quarters full. Bake until the cupcakes are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Transfer the pans to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the pans and let cool completely. Frost cooled cupcakes as desired. Makes 2 dozen cupcakes.

Source: Recipe from Annie's Eats, originally from Williams Sonoma

No comments:

Post a Comment